четвъртък, 10 март 2016 г.

The Thursday Song Lesson

Anyone's Daughter
DEEP PURPLE

Guess the Rhymes

Here is the Introduction to the song. Listen and Guess the general mode of the song. Is it *psychological, **phylosophical or ***humorous?



The lyrics tell a story about a boy and his trials with three fathers: A Judge, A Rich Man and A Farmer...

Now your task will be to try to guess the rhymes.
The stancas are numbered, so that you can duly write your answers...
You have to think of rhymes for the words in CAPITAL letters (well, except for "CHORUS" obviously).
Write down your answers and then listen to the song to check if you were right.


1. I stood under your bedroom window
Throwing up a BRICK
No one came I threw one more
That really did the _______
2. Your daddy came and banged my head,
He said what kind of MAN
Is this that's hanging 'round my girl,
And threw me in the ____ ...
3. CHORUS
I won't get no more eggs and water
Now I've laid the farmer's daughter
Imagine I was a full-grown man
And I could talk just RIGHT
Could I come and see you here
And do this every _____ .
4. Wham! The door comes crashing down
Your daddy's face all PALE
Says come with me you hairy bum
I'll put you in my _____  
5. CHORUS Now I'm getting jail and torture
'Cause I made the judge's daughter
Yes I did, it was nice...
It seems they're screaming LAW AND ORDER
When I go with anyone's ___________ 
6. Woman I should like some peace
And daddy hold your TONGUE
I think you're gonna die of fright
When I tell you what I've ______ 
7. I can hear your tales and lies
You say I'm DUMB AND SCRAGGY
But man this dumb and scraggy is
Your daughter's baby's _________
Now I've got what I always fought for
'Cause I've married a rich man's daughter ...

Now, listen to the song to check your answers: 




We'd appreciate it if you share how many of the rhyming words you had guessed in a comment. Enjoy!

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар